US SINGLE-FAMILY RENTS UP 3.1 PERCENT YEAR OVER YEAR IN AUGUST
- High-end segment rent growth accelerated and low-end segment decelerated in August 2018 compared with August 2017.
- Orlando and Las Vegas had the fastest rent growth in August.
FRANK NOTHAFT SHARED HIS FORECAST AT EPIQ 2018
While the nation has enjoyed nine straight years of economic growth and is on track to experience the longest expansion in U.S. history, the specter of the housing bubble and recession still lingers. At the EPIQ 2018 session “Economic Outlook & State of the Housing Industry,” CoreLogic Chief Economist Dr. Frank Nothaft revealed his forecast on the possibility of another housing bubble coming in the next few years.
The key to comprehensive evaluation of risk is thorough evaluation of the resident, property and portfolio. Unlike rules or judgment based tools or methodologies, CoreLogic® scoring and analytics tools give a forward- looking view of many key factors that impact future resident, property and performance—including the likelihood of residents paying rent on time and honoring their lease obligations.
But here’s the deal: It doesn’t have to.
Are you thinking about purchasing an investment property? Maybe you bought a new place and your previous home hasn’t sold yet. These are a few scenarios that can put you in the position to be a first-time landlord.
Single-family Rental: Rent and Vacancy Dynamics - Metros with low vacancy rates have faster rent growth
The single-family rental stock has grown by more than one-third over the past decade, and today there are as many rental homes in single-family properties as there are in large rental apartment buildings.
Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario Experienced the Highest Year-Over-Year Rent Growth in September
- Overall Index pulled down by high-end segment
- Rent prices may be showing some early impacts of Hurricane Harvey
- Of 20 select metros analyzed, San Francisco and Miami were the only two to experience a decrease in single-family rent prices in September
National single-family rent prices climbed steadily between 2010 and 2017, as measured by the CoreLogic Single-Family Rent Index (SFRI). However, the Index shows year-over-year rent growth has decelerated slowly since it peaked early last year
San Diego had the highest year-over-year rent growth in August
- National rent growth decelerated in August 2017 compared with August 2016
- Low-end rent growth was almost double high-end rent growth
- Overall Index Pulled Down By High-End Segment
Single-family rents climbed steadily between 2010 and 2016, as measured by the CoreLogic Single-Family Rental Index (SFRI). However, the index shows year-over-year rent growth has decelerated slowly (Figure 1) since it peaked early last year.
Overall Index Pulled Down By High-End Segment
- National rent growth decelerated in July 2017 compared with July 2016
- Low-end rent growth more than doubled high-end rent growth
- Phoenix had the highest year-over-year rent growth in July
Single-family rents, as measured by the CoreLogic Single-Family Rental Index (SFRI), climbed steadily between 2010 and 2016. However, the index shows year-over-year rent growth has decelerated slowly (Figure 1)